KTM has a Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary position immediately available in our Complex Business Litigation Department. We seek an intelligent, professional, motivated self-starter who has at least 3 years of legal assistant or legal secretary experience, including assisting with court filings, subpoenas, writs of garnishment, party discovery, third-party discovery, working with process servers, calendaring for several attorneys, scheduling and confirming depositions, and tracking litigation matters. Candidate must be organized and detail oriented. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyzing case pertinent data. Will generate and maintain voluminous claim databases for case assessment and management. The candidate must be proficient in Excel in order to create formulas and spreadsheets and to maintain data;
- Coordinating discovery, including subpoenas, Bates-labeling, and indexing which requires familiarity with Adobe;
- Coordinating and assisting experts and private investigators;
- Conducting thorough background research via Lexis Advance and other web-based resources;
- Paper and electronic filing of legal correspondence and pleadings;
- Calendaring court appearances and pleadings deadlines;
- Assisting with copying and mailing; and
- Scheduling travel and maintaining travel itineraries for attorneys.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat is required; familiarity with Lexis Advance and PACER is preferred. Excellent writing and proofreading skills are also required. Must be able to multi-task successfully on a regular basis, to work under pressure and meet deadlines, to follow up and to positively accept constructive feedback. Previous legal billing experience will also be preferred.
In exchange, King, Tilden, McEttrick & Brink offers medical and dental insurance coverage on your first day of employment, a 401(k) Plan with a match, various forms of paid time off, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, a Flexible Spending Account plan, a vision plan, an identity theft plan, and access to a free, onsite gym.
Please provide a cover letter which includes your salary requirements when applying.
King, Tilden, McEttrick & Brink, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.