We have a full-time Legal Billing Collections Coordinator position immediately available in our Braintree, Massachusetts office. We seek an intelligent, reliable, flexible team player. Previous legal billing experience is preferred. Additionally, experience with CounselLink and Prolaw, or other time and billing program, are also required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with billing attorneys and clients to collect unpaid balances;
- Interacting with staff and clients both professionally and in an articulate manner in person, by phone and via written communication;
- Producing reports as needed or requested; and
- Assisting other members of the Accounting Department as needed
- Minimum of three years of collections and/or billing experience in a law firm;
- Proficiency in Office 365 and CounselLink required;
- Previous experience with Prolaw preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills;
- Committed to exceptional client service;
- Able to problem solve and multitask;
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving and sound decision-making skills;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization; and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Maintain compliance with firm’s billing policies and client’s billing guidelines.
- Assist attorneys and firm management with collections, including client contact, notifying attorneys of past due balances that require additional follow-up, letters or emails to clients or former clients.
- Interact with attorneys and external e-billing administrators as needed to ensure the successful set up and maintenance of e-billing clients.
- Monitor and coordinate re-submission of rejected e-bills.
- Research and reconcile client accounts, payments, unapplied cash, etc., to ensure a prompt resolution.
- Respond to information requests from attorneys, clients and administrative staff related to WIP, A/R, billing reconciliations, trust balances, and applications of cash.
- Adhere to approved alternative billing arrangements.
- Monitor accounts receivable, research and resolve disputes and keep client collections activity accurate and up to date in Prolaw.
- Prepare periodic aged A/R reports for firm management, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Monitor aged unbilled time and identify irregularities.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
In exchange, King, Tilden, McEttrick & Brink offers medical and dental insurance coverage on your first day of employment, a 401(k) Plan with a match, various forms of paid time off, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, a Flexible Spending Account plan, a vision plan, an identity theft plan, and access to a free, onsite gym.
Please provide a cover letter which includes your salary requirements when applying.
King, Tilden, McEttrick & Brink, P.C.
350 Granite Street, Suite 2204
Braintree, MA 02184
King, Tilden, McEttrick & Brink, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.